Translate

AFM

AFM

Thursday, June 25, 2015

            Time is moving my friends and I don't think it has fully hit me yet that I'm actually doing this. I'm talking about it with friends and family, I'm blogging and making preparations but I don't think it has settled in that I'm doing this. I'm going to Africa. I'm partnering with Mercy Ships. I tossed the idea around in high school, thought about it in college but was at times unsure of the reality of it all coming together.

As far as preparations go I have received all my immunizations. Hepatitis A, typhoid, yellow fever and I will fulfill a prescription for malaria pills shortly before I leave. I even got an international drivers license. The thought of me driving in a foreign country has made a lot of people nervous but seriously I'm a good driver and ask my friends they have NEVER been scared while I was behind the wheel ;) I'm trying to start thinking about and actually packing but we all know that it is definitely a process.

I have been officially cleared to purchase flights to Madagascar and will be starting the process of finding the correct flights and making sure I arrive on my designated day which is August 12th. I will probably need 2 days for traveling. I believe I can take a flight to South Africa (13hrs?) and then from South Africa to Madagascar and once in Madagascar I take a bus to the actual ship. I definitely have some things to figure out with all of this but Mercy Ships has given me a lot of resources, and details to make the process go smoothly.


More updates to come soon!

Deborah


Although I am currently serving with Mercy Ships, everything communicated here strictly reflects my personal opinions and is neither reviewed nor endorsed by Mercy Ships. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment