Translate

AFM

AFM

Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Ship Has Arrived!

The ship officially arrived in the port of Tamatave today! There are many volunteers already on the ship and some already in Tamatave screening patients and getting prepared for the ships arrival. Myself and about 60 other volunteers are leaving tomorrow at 6am to take the 8hr. bus ride to Tamatave. Everybody is pretty excited to get to the ship and get things started.

The last couple of days were full of getting to know each other and spending some time exploring. Yesterday we went to a crocodile farm that had baby crocodiles, chameleons, frogs, a 90 year old tortoise, and the famous fossa and lemurs. Yes, just like the ones in the movie Madagascar! The lemurs were so cool and became very friendly once the tour guide began feeding them!

Today we all went to Tana City Church which was fantastic. The service was in English and it was so much fun worshipping with people from all over the world! Truly a picture of what heaven is really going to be like. God continues to remind me that when I put my life completely in His hands that he can multiply it and touch so many more people than I could if I tried to do things on my own in my own strength and wisdom.

John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

Tomorrow is full of hope, excitement and anticipation for all that God has for Mercy Ships and the people of Madagascar!

























Although I am currently serving with Mercy Ships, everything communicated here strictly reflects my personal opinions and is neither reviewed nor endorsed by Mercy Ships. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships

No comments:

Post a Comment