Translate

AFM

AFM

Friday, August 28, 2015

Made It To Madagascar!


Landed in Antanarivo, Madagascar on Thursday August 27th around 11:30pm! The flight from Paris was delayed in boarding which just gave me more time to find a delicous chocolate croissant. Let's just say I hope that's not my last taste of a French pastry :) 

After landing in a kind of chilly Madagascar myself and about 16 other volunteers were greeted by Mercy Ships personal and then quickly went through customs and to pick up our bags. I was most excited when my bag came around! 

Turns out that the ship had a short delay while sailing and is scheduled to arrive in the port of Tamatave on Sunday. Therefore, some of the volunteers will be staying in Antananarivo until Monday morning. This gives us a couple of days to catch up on sleep, adjust to the time change and explore the city a little bit which most of the volunteers are excited about. 

Tonight,we all had dinner together and there was about 60 volunteers from all over the U.S., Canada, Australia and Ireland. So much fun meeting so many different people! I was even able to meet up with my college friend which was great! 

Once we get to the ship things are going to get very busy so right now I'm enjoying this time to relax and to get to know some of the other volunteers. 

Thanks again for all the prayers for safe travel and here are some pictures I have taken so far! 

Much Love, 
Deborah 












No comments:

Post a Comment