Translate

AFM

AFM

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Ready Or Not Here I Come

I don't think Africa is ready for me. Well, actually I don't think I'm ready for Africa :) It is kind of surreal to think that this is actually happening. This idea of volunteering with Mercy Ships has been in the back of my mind for so long. Part of me thought it would probably never happen. That it just wouldn't work out or that I would never make the final commitment. Well here I am only hours away from flying out. I'm excited, nervous, hoping that I packed enough underwear and that I haven't forgotten anything else important. In reality, I think I am as prepared as I am going to be. I mean I have had an extra two weeks to contemplate it all, eat all my favorite foods, go to a wedding I wasn't even supposed to attend and see so many family and friends. It has been a great two weeks but perhaps I'm ready to find out what God has in store in Madagascar.

Christine Caine so perfectly states in her book Unstoppable "Keep running, confident that God will train you as you run. Pray and reach for the next baton- and watch how God shapes you into an unstoppable runner as he coaches and challenges you on the run." I may not feel ready for the challenges of living in a foreign country or providing nursing care with limited resources in an unfamiliar environment where I don't even know the language but I'm confident that as long as I keep running towards Christ He will guide and direct me and be with me every step of the way.

Once again I can not thank you enough for all of your kind words, encouragement, cards, love and hugs. It means so much to me knowing that you are thinking about me and covering me with your prayers and love. I thank you in advance for prayers for safe travel, that my luggage arrives safely and that all goes smoothly with the flights! I also ask that you pray for Mercy Ships as a whole and that God would use each volunteer to be His hands and feet. Pray for the people of Madagascar that their hearts would be prepared and opened to all that God has in store.

Bear with me as I arrive in Madagascar, get settled and figure out the Wi-Fi situation but hopefully I will get to update you all soon.


Much love,
Deborah


No comments:

Post a Comment