Translate

AFM

AFM

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

1 Week Countdown

Is the anticipation killing you all? We have had cakes. We have celebrated and I'm pretty sure everybody is thinking, "Would she just leave already" ;)

Well as of now everything is still set for me to fly out on Wednesday August 26th and arrive to the ship on August 28th. The ship is actually due to arrive two days prior to the volunteers on the 26th and as far as I know they are still on schedule for that arrival date.

Some of you asked about possibly mailing letters and cards which you can to the following address:
[Full Crew Member Name]
Mercy Ships AFM
Crew Mail
P.O. Box 2020
Lindale, TX 75771-2020 USA

I was told that it may take several weeks for any mail to reach the ship but I would definitely love to receive any kind of letters or cards.

I'm anxious to get to Madagascar and get started but I truly have been enjoying this time of relaxation and spending time with family and friends. I have started the process of packing and right now I have everything in one bag that is only 40lbs which is great!

This waiting game has been interesting. I feel like this year in general seems to be bringing a lot of waiting for me. There will probably be more seasons of waiting in my life that seem useless but I know that in the end it will produce a harvest of great things. All in good time I will arrive in Madagascar ready to hit the ground running and I know this waiting period will have prepared me for everything in store.

"Patience is not the ability to wait but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting." Joyce Meyer 

Thanks again for all of the love and support and stay tuned!

Deborah

Although I am currently serving with Mercy Ships, everything communicated here strictly reflects my personal opinions and is neither reviewed nor endorsed by Mercy Ships. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships
  

No comments:

Post a Comment