Translate

AFM

AFM

Monday, May 15, 2017

Saying No

As our time in Benin is coming to a close in a few weeks we took time last night to reflect on and pray for all of the patients we were unable to help due to a variety of reasons. Saying no is a very real and harsh reality of the process here on the Africa Mercy but I'm so thankful that we serve a God that loves these patients more than we ever could, sees them, knows their names and will continue to walk with them long after the Africa Mercy leaves Benin.

I'm going to write another blog soon about what I have been up to the last few weeks and what my plans are for the summer ahead but I ask you now to join me in praying for the over 6,000 patients that we have had to say no to. Would you also pray for the patients that are still with us now. Many patients still have wounds and incisions that need to heal. We care for them until the very last minute and pray that they are healed before we leave but some will have to be left to finish their care in local facilities. It is hard to leave feeling like a job is unfinished but we place these patients back into God's hands with the knowledge that these patients were never really ours to begin with. They have and will always be in God's hands.

Thank you in advance for you prayers and support!

" Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right will hold me fast." Psalm 139:7-10


P.S. I will now be using MailChimp to send you my blog via email. It should be more efficient and each person should actually receive the email on time. If you are already subscribed and receiving emails you do not have to do anything. For those of you that have not been receiving emails regularly please enter your email on the right hand side of the page where it says subscribe to our mailing list and you should be all set. Thank you!  



No comments:

Post a Comment